Tuesday, September 29, 2020

AEST: || MSK: || CEST: || BST: || EST: || CST: || MST: || PST:

Search Topic:
Advanced Search
imurix456
Regular
Posted on Mon May 11, 2020 1:23 pm

Main mod page: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/more-player-models

1.7.10 version of the mod: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/more-player-models/files/2242988

This mod lets you modify your playermodel. I'm suggesting this mod mainly for players who want to join non-human factions and want to do some roleplay of being the same species as said faction, i.e. making themselves shorter for dwarven factions or taller and slimmer for elven factions. On top of that, it also lets players use the playermodels of other mobs in the game. Personally I think this would be useful for evil players wanting to roleplay as orcs, although I'm not too familiar with that specific feature.

I'm not sure if non-player playermodels can be modified like player models can, or if one can change the texture of playermodels they're using, but I plan on testing that as soon as I can.

imurix456
Regular
Posted on Mon May 11, 2020 2:43 pm

Unfortunately, every time I try to install the mod I get a black screen when loading into a world. I could test the features of the mod itself, however, seeing as it's used through a menu.

The textures of playermodels can't be modified. And while most modifications aren't available for non-player playermodels it is possible to adjust the size of it (which is also possible for normal playermodels).

Sadly, as I cannot get the mod to cooperate with my game, I don't have high hopes of it being added but hopefully one of the staff manages to get it to work without issues.

EDIT: After looking up my problem on google, it's apparently a common and easily fixable problem by simply turning the modified point of view from the mod off.

While this means that the point of view of players won't change if they make themselves taller or shorter, personally I think of it as a minor problem.

Hopefully this mod will be added to the modpack.

Last edited by imurix456 - Mon May 11, 2020 2:50 pm
imurix456
Regular
Posted on Mon May 11, 2020 2:53 pm

I should also probably note that this mod is purely aesthetic; the hitboxes of players isn't modified at all, only how they look.

I'm sure this solves most of the issues people might have with it, as it can't make players harder to hit in pvp by being smaller. If there's some other issue with the mod, I'd like to get the chance to be informed of it, if possible.