Monday, April 23, 2018

AEST: || MSK: || CEST: || BST: || EST: || CST: || MST: || PST:

Search Topic:
Advanced Search
BanAbonnen
Posted on Sun Apr 8, 2018 8:16 am

I am BanAbonnen and I want to apply for lordship.

I have worked on all requirements and I would really like to contribute to the server by being a lord.

The coordinates of my base are x: 52692; z: 20612, the mine is a bit off: x: 52931; z: 20692 (it is lacking quality but a new, bigger and better decorated mine is planned in the catacombs of the town).

Presence10
Administrator
Posted on Sun Apr 8, 2018 8:41 am

Review on 04/08/2018

Requirements:

• A minimum of 5 Town Homes/Player Houses - to house your citizens.

I see maybe 4 total; including yours? NPC generated ones do not count.

• A blacksmith building of some sort, that has the variation of 6 crafting tables for your faction. (GOOD or EVIL)

You have everything necessary; but the dwarven/gondor is really a clash. Also theres not much that shows its a blacksmith.

• A Stable, Barracks, and Mine (for mining) need to be present.

Mine - Unique and pretty. --Requirement Met--
Stable -Looks good! --Requirement Met--
Barracks - Barracks is rather small; beds and weapon racks. Maybe add a second structure nearby for like training it just seems to be missing something.

• A Keep/Stronghold/Castle/Capital building of some sort that is public to your citizens.

This looks great on the outside; then feels like an empty shell. Rooms are barren and theres nothing that makes it feel like a Capital on the inside.

• A source of water in the shape of some type of Fountain.

Requirement Met

• A market for your citizens to sell their goods within.

You have the stalls; include 2 of your own booths in which have Trade-Booths in them which you sell to your residents.

• Roads and Paths must be clearly made.

Requirement Met -- Hard to see through the canopy

• The quality of your town must be atleast NPC Land Generation Quality or Better, if it doesn't look as nice as a Hobbit Bar, try harder.

The quality of the macro is good; it has a theme to it aside from one or two things. however; It is seriously lacking in the micro details. Most buildings are empty and barren. Void of little things to make them look nice. I would consider adding in smaller details like you did with the Barracks and the Player Homes I saw. Couple chests; some designs. You even made a ruined tower that looks great! 

• To be a Lord, one must be active on the Discord.

I don't see you doing much on discord... I set you to Guest Role; and if you get everything in order from the above I can see pushing you to a Lord.

--Theres a 1 week waiting period between reviews; So see you in a week--

BanAbonnen
Posted on Sun Apr 8, 2018 9:08 am

How the barracks, the broken tower and the blacksmith tie into the lore:

The lore of the village is about the alliance between elves, humans and dwarfs. It first was created during the first ring war with the help of the best builders of the dwarfes and the humans. This is reflected in the presence of the gondorian stones, the very human-typical castle and the contrast to the white stone with the dwarfen bricks. The dwarfen influence is represented by the existing of the catacombs and other underground structures (still working on it).

At first the military aspect was (in times of war) very important as the former great tower with the big hall of alliances shows, but was later left to die and crumble after the war ended (and the alliance lost a bit of its momentum) and was decidet to left untouched at last because of the location of the town very deep into the forrest from where it was almost impossible to send helpful soldiers to any place in an acceptable time. With time the tower came down, the big hall was not longer used and the barracks were left in dust, even a big tree was planted in the middle of the former training square (you still can see parts of it when you enter through the ruined tower).

BanAbonnen
Posted on Sun Apr 8, 2018 10:16 am

question about the trade-booths: You mean I should just include two trade-booths into my stalls?

Presence10
Administrator
Posted on Sun Apr 8, 2018 8:49 pm

Yes; Marketplace should have Trade Booths and; if possible traders. Think of it as a place where your players can sell stuff at their liesure.

BanAbonnen
Posted on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:40 am

Here is my request for a second review.

--A minimum of 5 Town houses-- there are 2 Tree Houses and 3 on the ground with at least one more on the ground in building process and a lot of tree structures in the making

--A blacksmith-- the clash is kindof a part of the lore (like the memorial inside the castle), there is an anvil and pictures of weapons, I am not shure yet how to make it more clear but it will receave a rework soon, I am not totally happy with it

--Barracks-- I addet some little structures for training measures, I think a much bigger military equippment would not make too much sence from a stragegic viewpoint since it is quite  far away from dangerpoints, there is a military academy more to the east on the agenda (and it is a part of the lore)

--castle-- I tried to improve the quality of the micro by adding more details especally to the inner parts of the towers and some rooms within the main building (you can find the agenda there as well ), tried to improve the representative feeling by adding more banners and the memorial, it is not perfekt still but I will update it when I get new inspirations

--market place-- trade-booths addet, prices are just a demo yet (I will look up prices from the market and add them), traders come as soon as possible

--building style-- I addet a lot more little details, upgrades are always in the making

--discord-- I finally found the discord to server channel and I am active there

--lore-- lore is above, I will try to include more of it into the village maybe in the form of books or a painted wall within the catacombes

--army and other npcs-- on the way

Thank you for your efforts

Last edited by BanAbonnen - Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:41 am
Presence10
Administrator
Posted on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 am

Review on 04/08/2018

Requirements:

• A minimum of 5 Town Homes/Player Houses - to house your citizens.

Requirement Met

• A blacksmith building of some sort, that has the variation of 6 crafting tables for your faction. (GOOD or EVIL)

Its still a big clash; but it does meet criteria... It still feels like an eye sore.

• A Stable, Barracks, and Mine (for mining) need to be present.

Mine - Unique and pretty. --Requirement Met--
Stable -Looks good! --Requirement Met--
Barracks - Barracks has training yard, beds, and equipment --Requirement Met--

• A Keep/Stronghold/Castle/Capital building of some sort that is public to your citizens.

Interiors have been added. Looks better but still lacks quality.

• A source of water in the shape of some type of Fountain.

Requirement Met

• A market for your citizens to sell their goods within.

You have the stalls; include 2 of your own booths in which have Trade-Booths in them which you sell to your residents.

• Roads and Paths must be clearly made.

Requirement Met -- Hard to see through the canopy 

• The quality of your town must be atleast NPC Land Generation Quality or Better, if it doesn't look as nice as a Hobbit Bar, try harder.

The Fortress has more in it; but some areas seem to clash and are unplanned. But there are interriors; I suggest more rooms and close up the walls cause the fortress is basically open on the sides. 

Much improvement has been made over the week; I would like one more week of work from you

• To be a Lord, one must be active on the Discord.

On Discord for about 8 days; would like to see you stay on it. Basically keeping in touch with announcements we do through it. Which you are so this requirement is met

Last edited by Presence10 - Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 am
Presence10
Administrator
Posted 8 hours ago

1. 2 Player Houses; Requirement Met
  2. Marketplace; Requirement Met
  3. Smeltery; Add a fenced in area to contain ores. But this Requirement is Met
  4. Pasture; You made stables; add a Pasture to the south. But this Requirement is Met
  5. Training Camp; Requirement Met
  6. Capital Building; Requirement Met
  7. Active Player; Requirement Met

You are accepted as a Count. Congrats and welcome.

©2016 DemmersDesigns.com