Thursday, June 20, 2019

AEST: || MSK: || CEST: || BST: || EST: || CST: || MST: || PST:

Search Topic:
Advanced Search
GryphonBoss
Regular
Posted on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:42 pm

I am applying for countship, I have worked on all the requirments and I beleive I can get the title. The coords of my base are 

Y 70

Z 127084

My IGN is Gryphon_Boss

Last edited by Presence10 - Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:30 pm
Presence10
Web Developer
Posted on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:51 pm

First Impression: Floating Buildins on the water... no. They look terrible and theyre not supported underwater. Also having an underwater home seems out of the ordinary.

The outside of the buildings feel like theyre missing roofs, and walls. They look good on the inside but outside they look like random blobs of blocks. Consider making them look like decent houses and buildings with roofs. The build style itself is also lacking as it seems a collage of colors and materials are used that don't compliment each other well.

Areas have so many holes in their floors that make it uncomfortable to walk on or see. They seem clustered and busy where it can be simple. Some pathways have entire blocks missing and others thrown in there haphazardly. It makes it seem realistic but Harad itself has a busy pallete with the ground of grass, dirt, barren dirt, sand, etc that adding more makes it seem awkward. Areas in your path have dirt exposed under it making it look unfinished.

My tips are work on external sides for buildings and taller ceilings nad roofs to add space in buildings. That and you are over-using stairs on the floors.

2 Player Houses; Floating Houses are not approved. They would need serious work to look good. Other player houses are fine but they need an outside roof or structure that doesnt make them look so weird.

Marketplace; Should have individual stalls that have trade booths inside of them. The Sell Shack is nice; it can be a Market Shoppe later on but the market place should have more stalls and space.

Smeltery; Not to size requirement; nor should be attached to the Bakery... would you eat bread if it were 15 feet away from someone smelting ores?

Pasture; There is no Pasture

Training Camp; I like the barracks. But it needs a training area for troops to spar and fight near.

Capital Building; The banners in the front overlap and look terrible. The ground is stone which looks strange when everything nearby is sandstone. The building is not well planned and just long walls of bronze bars for no reason. It looks pretty bad compared to other buildings nearby.

Active Player; You must be active on Discord and the Server; absence over 3 months will result in rank and title being stripped.

GryphonBoss
Regular
Posted on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:51 pm

I have worked on my city and I think I have met the requirements for countship.

The whole city has been moved to x106929 z149225.

Presence10
Web Developer
Posted on Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:04 pm

First Impression: I see some work has been done. However my previous post listed some things that needed to change and I see they have been left alone or not touched.

2 Player Houses; Approved

Marketplace; I like the marketplace more now; looks great

Smeltery; The outside of the smeltery needs work. It looks fine inside but the outside seems neglected.

Pasture; Apporved

Training Camp; Looks good

Capital Building; Still the same points as before.

Active Player; Approved

GryphonBoss
Regular
Posted on Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:46 pm

I have redone it once again and I beleive it is finished. 

The city is at x106929 z149225.

I have changed my city's name to Imperium Magna Harad

Last edited by GryphonBoss - Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:26 am
Presence10
Web Developer
Posted on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:30 pm

Smeltery and the Stable areas, do not seem to have been touched. These look alright from the inside but the outside looks terrible. It looks like a mound of blocks that resemble no building. This was a previous point I made several times before.

This plus because the base was pasted in. Nearby land needs to be blended a bit better.

The dock area, needs to be removed. That was another point I made previously. It is still floating in the water and looks dreary when compared to the rest.

Last edited by Presence10 - Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:32 pm
GryphonBoss
Regular
Posted on Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Once again I have redone what i could and I believe it is once again countship ready.

Changes i made:

1) I did some renovations to the dock (changed the outside and added supports)

2) I changed the outside of the smeltery using carpenter blocks

3) I have blended a lot of the land surrounding my city and put a couple of roads to make it look less out of place

Coordinates are still 106929 z149225.

Presence10
Web Developer
Posted on Sun Mar 3, 2019 8:08 am

The smeltery looks alright. Still looks like a collage of blocks on the roof. That still needs to be fixed.

The Other one hasn't been touched... That still needs to be fixed. 

The docks look better, still the house at the one end is very out of place. 

GryphonBoss
Regular
Posted on Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:30 pm

Guess whos back its me with another attempt at lordship (yay). 

I have added a new roof to the old smeltery and made a new 16x16 smeltery near the colloseum (it has a blue roof).

I have also gotten pllayer house at the reastrant on water to stop sticking out of the water so it look less like a tumor.

Coordinates are still 106929 z149225.

Last edited by GryphonBoss - Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:10 pm
Froosty11
Regular
Posted on Fri May 24, 2019 11:53 am

There's some unsound building decisions, but ur effort clearly comes through, and some parts look really really nice, so therefor I'll accept this and then just give you some ideas of what to improve in the future. Also, the shore house with a lot of leaves is great. 

- Glass panes are not connected on the churches longer sides. Maybe move them back, or maybe, possibly, carpenters blocks could work or maybe even full blocks. You decide.

- There's some really colorful buildings, and some with less color. Try to keep to a similar color palette.

- The forges don't make sense to sort of sit on iron bars, I'd rather see one big forge built out of stairs and blocks. Looks a lot better. I know you want survival use, I'd recommend hiding the forges in the back of the big forge using the stair glitch. 

Froosty, Lord of Khazad-dûm

GryphonBoss
Regular
Posted on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:11 pm

So do I get countship or do I have to redo my buildings to get countship?