Friday, November 16, 2018

AEST: || MSK: || CEST: || BST: || EST: || CST: || MST: || PST:

Search Topic:
Advanced Search
Spaceface123
Regular
Posted on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:32 pm

I am requesting lordship for the town of  Tmavý Rāj, located at x: +25890 z: -28145 in Angmar. For extra info, MSG me.

Presence10
Administrator
Posted on Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:51 pm

First Impression: A lot of conflicting building types. You are in Angmar and you have styles of Mordor, stone brick wooden houses... The terms of style seem to drastically change and it feels and looks bad because of it. Keep to a single pallette when building. Using the same or similiar color and style of blocks instead. It will feel a lost more consistent then.

Few suggestions; wooden houses can have thatch but seems like itll be more like the Hillmen who live nearby. Consider building two different areas; one where Angmar Orcs live in and one where the Rhudel Hillmen live.

As for the massive nearby farms. I would like them a bit more sectioned off. Think of realistic farms of that era. It would also be good to plan our buildings; a lot of Square shapped buildings begin to look bad. Consider adding more detail to various structures like The Fencetype Walls; Fences; Pillars; Smoothed Brick, Carved Brick, Stairs and Slabs to emphazise details.

2 Player Houses; Need plots of land at least 17x17 for players to build.

Marketplace; Approved

Smeltery; Theres a bit of clash with the smeltery; it has mordor brick but then also has this nature theme attachment. The style needs to be consistant 

Pasture; Approved

Training Camp; Approved

Capital Building; Looks and is decorated splendidly

Active Player; Active in Discord

Spaceface123
Regular
Posted on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:17 pm

Added plots and fixed smeltery.

Presence10
Administrator
Posted on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:49 pm

I would like to see the roof of the smeltery worked on. As well you have a variety of blocks that just clash with the blocks around it that draw away from the quality of the build.

Such as; Mallorn Leaves, the Thatch mixed with Brick on the roofs, Mix of stone blocks and angmar blocks which just confuse the pallete. There are also several buildings which do not look as good. Theres the house near the farm which seems pretty low quality and needs improvement.

I would also consider making the wall look better; adding in batter to the bottom of the wall will make it look nicer as well as some design and prettiment.

Overall the build needs to now just up in overall quality and bring in the mismesh of textures.

Spaceface123
Regular
Posted on Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Wall and smeltery updated

Presence10
Administrator
Posted on Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:45 pm

You have fantastic textures and block usage; the main concern i have is that most is still clashing with each other. 

The thatch and brick roofs still need to be fixed up. And some places where you have multiple types of blocks with each other is clashy and detracts from the overall build.

Lastly for Player Houses; they still need their own banners.

Spaceface123
Regular
Posted on Sun Nov 4, 2018 11:34 am

Roofs have been fixed, and the houses DO have their own banners, but for Gremish I can't give him the banners until he is online while I am. (also they're not exactly houses, follow the roads and look for the fortresses/start of fortressses). Traveler wagon is being made near the valley wall.

Presence10
Administrator
Posted on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:14 pm

You can put people on banners even if theyre not online. Make the banner and Add their name. 

However the next thing you need to focus on is Roofs. Theres plenty of tutorials online and tips and tricks. The 5 houses you did had good roofs and I fixed them up [Having the brick exposed through thatch was very clashin]

The walls are magnificent and just need to put that detail into the rooftops of some of the builds. Theyre very flat.